Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which your computer or mobile device downloads when you visit a website. When you return to websites – or visit websites that use the same cookies; they recognise these cookies and therefore your browsing device.
By visiting our website, we use these details to improve your use of our website by adjusting the way you view the website to the device you are using to access the website. When you visit our website from any device (mobile, tablet or PC), we collect information about your use of this site, such as information about the device or browser you use to access the site (including device type, operating system, screen resolution etc.), the way you interact with this site, and the IP address your device connects from. You may not be able to initiate or complete some activities within our website unless these cookies are installed.
- Ensure your security and privacy when using the secure sections of our website.
- Store login details for the secure sections of our website.
- Temporarily store input information in our forms and calculators.
- Understand how you use our website so we can identify ways to improve.
There are several types of cookie which are used with our website including but not limited to:
- Session Cookies – these are stored on your computer or device eg: mobile phone while you are active in your current session. Once you close your browser session cookies are deleted;
- Persistent Cookies/Permanent/Stored Cookies – These are stored on your computer or device until they expire or until you delete cookies in your browser options. They usually store preferences that dictate how our website appears when you visit it;
- Performance – These cookies collect information about how many visitors use a website and which parts of the website are viewed the most. They help us see how you use our website and if you encounter any error massages. In most cases the information collected by these cookies is anonymous;
- Functionality and profile cookies – These remember the choices you make when using the website (such as your username, language or the region you’re in) and help us to tailor the website for you and remember the choices you make when using the website;
Third Party Cookies We Use
Google Ads Conversion Tracking
We use third party cookies from companies such as Google, LinkedIn, Bing etc. to (i) deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests, (ii) to limit the number of times you see an advertisement, (iii) help measure the effectiveness of an advertisement campaign, and (iv) understand user’s behaviour after having seen an advertisement. We use Google AdWords, which enable us to advertise our website in Google search results, as well as on third-party websites. To this end, Google places a cookie in the browser of your terminal device, which automatically uses a pseudonymous cookie ID on the basis of pages you visited to allow interest-based advertising. Further information regarding advertising and Google can be viewed at: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
AdWords Remarketing Tag
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise across the Internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of our website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your computer.
This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer. The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page. Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.”
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Bing Ads (Microsoft)
We use the “Facebook pixel” from Facebook. This allows user behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us. We use pixel data to make sure ads are being shown to the right people and build advertising audiences If you wish to disable Facebook cookies on your browser, please visit: https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
We use user journey tracking cookies such as Lucky Orange to evaluate user journeys and improve the user experience. To view and manage data that Lucky Orange has collected about you on the LuckyOrange.com website, or to opt out of future tracking please visit our data privacy management tool: https://www.luckyorange.com/privacy.php
Ruler Analytics is used to specifically monitor enquiries generated via our website. It allows us to track website visitors from source through to phone call or form submission. This data is for internal use only and is used to help us to improve our website and our enquiry handling processes. For more information visit: https://www.ruleranalytics.com/cookie-policy/
You can find out more information about cookies by visiting